Kim Boey has been part of FITM since its inception in 2007 and has held various roles in administration, operations, sales and marketing. She now focuses on education.
Kim’s fitness career began in Melbourne when she undertook her first group fitness certification whilst working as a computer programmer. Upon returning to Malaysia, she has been involved in all aspects of fitness – teaching group exercise, personal training, selling fitness merchandise, coordinating the Group Exercise department for Fitness First, and teaching and managing pre and postnatal classes at a boutique studio. She was a regular contributor to Shape Malaysia’s Pre and Postnatal column, and also volunteers articles to a local parenting publication.
Kim is a mum to two young sons and credits an active lifestyle as key to happy, healthy parenting. She makes time for staying active on most days by playing sports with her boys, swimming, hiking, doing resistance training and yoga.
Applying the concept of edutainment – blending both education and entertainment into an effective learning environment – with her students and children alike, Kim is a firm believer in lifelong learning the edutainment way.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Business Systems, Monash University, Australia
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Certified Emergency First Response (EFR) Instructor
- Trainfitness UK Programme Leader