Jerrican Tan is the Co-Founder of Fitness Innovations Malaysia (FITM) and has held the position of Managing Director & Educator since the company’s inception. Jerrican was also the Regional Manager for Fitness Innovations Thailand (2016-2017), co-delivering the Educator Excellence Programme for all FIT establishments in Asia.
As a former National Junior Bodybuilding Champion, Jerrican envisions a healthy and active society. He believes that developing and advancing the skills of fitness professionals to educate, motivate, and help the public will accomplish his vision for society. In line with this, he founded Fitness Edutraining Asia (FEA), an Asia-based fitness edutraining provider in 2018.
Jerrican is an ACE International Master Trainer. He provides the ACE Certified Personal Trainer Exam Preparation Course for Malaysia and Singapore, as well as the FEA Certified Fitness Practitioner and continued education courses for fitness professionals in the areas of Physique Transformation and Fat Loss Coaching throughout Asia. In addition, he is a key fitness industry advisor to several Malaysian universities. Through FITM and FEA, Jerrican leads and contributes to the development of experienced fitness educators to become Fitness Edutrainers (Master Trainers). Jerrican strongly advocates purposeful training, emphasizing scientifically-researched and practical fitness-training strategies.
Beyond his educational contributions, he actively participates in other areas of the industry. He serves on the state bodybuilding judging panel and was previously a fitness advisor for Men’s Health Malaysia.
Not satisfied with more than 20 years of extensive experience in the fitness sector, multiple fitness certifications, and continued professional development credentials, Jerrican continues to enhance his growth and is currently working towards achieving a Masters in Sports Science.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Health Coach
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Medical Exercise Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Corrective Exercise Specialist
- International Society Of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Sports Nutrition Specialist