FEA Mini Workshop 9: Selected Topics in Diets and Fat Metabolism (Virtual)
Course Provider: FEA – Fitness Edutraining Asia | 180 Minutes | CEC Points: ACE 0.3 CECs
Register Your Interest For FEA Mini Workshop 09: Selected Topics in Diets and Fat Metabolism (Virtual)This course is currently not available. We will get back to you soon. Register Interest
The registration deadline is 15 days before the start of the course. If there are still course seats available, you can register with an additional late registration fees of RM 100.
As the population becomes obsessed with weight loss, any conversation on ‘fat’ or ‘metabolism’ grabs attention, however, how much do we really understand about the complexities of the fats we eat and how they metabolized within the body? How about the emerging ‘keto-everything’ trend and Intermittent fasting? Are they safe, effective and even sustainable? Put aside the marketing claims and let’s dig down to understand the science behind ketones, ketogenic diets, intermittent fasting, and fasted cardio – do they work?
- Review the metabolic pathways of fats as a fuel in the body.
- Provide an overview of key regulatory hormones and enzymes that control storage, delivery and utilization of fats during stress responses.
- Describe what ketogenic dieting and intermittent fasting
- Explain the benefits and potential risks of each.
- Discuss the research surrounding each intervention