Jerrican Tan, one of the original co-founders of Fitness Innovations Malaysia (FITM), has been managing the regionally renowned education centre for fitness professionals since it first opened doors in 2007. As of late 2016, Jerrican has taken on the new role of Managing Director for the FitAsia Group. He has been a prominent fitness educator for regional FIT establishments for nearly a decade, and is a key fitness industry advisor for local universities offering sports and exercise science programmes.
Jerrican delivers preparation courses and continuing education courses for a number of international fitness certifications such as the American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Furthermore, he heads the Train the Trainer course for FIT educators. Jerrican has also contributed to educational sessions and presentations at numerous fitness events such as the Guang Zhou International Fitness Expo 2016, International Conference on Movement, Health & Exercise (MoHE) 2014, and Inti International University World Physio Day 2014.
In addition to his educational contributions, Jerrican’s passion for fitness has propelled him to take an active participation in other areas of the industry; he serves on the panel as a state bodybuilding judge, and was previously a fitness advisor for Men’s Health Malaysia. A former national junior bodybuilding champion himself, Jerrican has many years of experience as a personal trainer and fitness manager for an international fitness chain. Jerrican is a huge advocate in training with a purpose; he believes in developing and training more fitness professionals to help the public live healthier and fitter lifestyles.
Education and Qualifications:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Group Fitness Instructor
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) Health Coach
American Council on Exercise (ACE) Medical Exercise Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Corrective Exercise Specialist
- International Society Of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) Sports Nutrition Specialist
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer
- Bachelor of Accounting